Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Birthday banners

The boys really wanted there own birthday banners, especially after I made the new baby one for after she was born. So here I went...
I make the triangles 15 by 22 cm. From felt I use those exact measurements, if I make them from fabric I cut them a little bigger.

These are made from fabric:
Cut the fabric in triangles, 17 bij 24 cm. Put the right sides on top of each other, sew around them, approximately 1cm off the outside. Turn them inside out and iron them. I use the single fold bias tape for the ribbon. Leave about 50 cm bias tape on either side of the banner to tie them onto something. (I use hooks in the ceiling) Sew 1 flag and leave a "flag wide" space in between each flag. These ones are made from fabric as well as felt. For the fabric ones I did the same as the ones above, the felt was cut 15 by 22 cm.
These ones are made from just felt, I put felt letters on it saying "happy -- birthday" (okay, in Dutch then ;o) On the -- I put velcro. From black felt I cut out numbers and put velcro on the back of them too, that way, you can put the age you're celebrating on the banner.

No comments:

Post a Comment