Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bread coming out of my ears

We (read I) made bread today, loafs, more loafs, and buns, and more buns, and bagels, and mini loafs. We had fun!!
I got the recipe of someone else, but basically its 5 times my normal recipe.

My recipe reads:
500 grams of flour
380 water
2 teaspoons salt
3 teaspoons sugar
80 ml of oil


This was times 5, the Canadian loafpans are way smaller then the Dutch ones, so, instead of 5 loafs, I had way more.


First we pored the water on top of the sugar and added the yeast

That gave some horrible looking water

Then we kneaded and kneaded and kneaded, for 10 whole minutes.




We left these two to rise for an hour and ended up with double the dough



We made some bagels by rolling dough into little balls, poked a hole in the middle, left them to rise for 30 minutes and then boiled them in boiling hot water. 1 Minute on one side, 20 seconds on the other. After that I transfered them onto a greased cookie sheet and baked them in the oven for 20-30 minutes on 400F/180'C


Here are the buns, more buns and mini loafs, and OFCOURSE I forgot to take photo's of the 7 normal, but smaller than I'm used to, loafs. Sorry!!



And here are the photo's to the bagels and loafs :o)
http://creannet.blogspot.com/2011/04/more-bread-coming-out-of-our-ears.html

No comments:

Post a Comment