Thursday, April 7, 2011

Treasure kids

Our kids see treasure in anything, I mean, any-thing.
They also see crafts in anything, especially son number 3.

The other day I bought coffee filters 1 size too big, again....
What to do with coffee filters that are too big? I could have returned them, that's right, but no receipt, no refund, no returning.
I could have donated them to the church, again, and we were going to, but, exactly, never got round to it.
So they sat on top of the fridge, for a loooooooooooooooong time. Untill Kylian spotted them, what were they, why were they there and was there anything at all, that we could do with them??

So we did...

He and his little brother coloured on them, with markers.



Then we sprayed on them with water, that gives them a tie dye look.







Then they folded them in half, and in quarters, and in 8ths and in 16s and then they cut little (or big) bits and pieces out of them, opened them up and this is what we got. Isn't that pretty??

2 comments:

  1. Hoi Annet, Weet je wat ook leuk is? Als je het filter dubbel vouwt en dan bijv. knipt in de vorm van een vlinder. Het onderste stuk laat je dan inkleuren met stift. Dat stukje doop je in water en dan hang je het op te drogen (met de gekleurde kant boven). De stift loopt dan helemaal door en je krijgt prachtige vlinders (of anders figuren)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we discovered that in the mean time ;)

    ReplyDelete