Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Poem of life

Reyanna,
I have posted in my "about" how we have 7 children, 6 to take care of and 1 in heaven.
On May 10 2014 we lost our youngest daughter.
I was almost due, expecting her on my birthday, but the Lord decided to take her life,
before she ever lived with us.

Yesterday I updated my profile picture in dedication to the pregnancy and infant loss awareness.
This awareness is carried out all over the world in the month of October,
with October the 15th being the actual awareness date.
In general people all around the world lit a candle at 7PM local time, to keep the candles burning for 24 hours in remembrance of all the little babies we remember.

One of our cousins send me a very touching poem today, one I'd love to share in Dutch as well as English. Now bare with me, I do need to translate
my way.....
 
The poem originates from "woordkunsten.nl"
 
I want to shout
to the heavens
I want to stamp
on the ground
to let the world know
that your life inside of me was found
 
 
you I want to cradle
you I want to comfort
 you I want to kiss
 you I want to give
I want all of you
I want you always
I want you grown up
in my life
 
 
I want to call out
to the emptiness
I want to sing
to the sun
I want to dive
into longing
I want to go back
to what had begun
 
 
I want to name
that you lived
I want to name
that you are
That however short you were
in my life
everyone knows
that you are

______________________________________________

Ik wil schreeuwen
naar de hemel,
Ik wil stampen
op de grond
En de wereld
laten weten
dat jij ooit
in mij bestond
 
Ik wil je wiegen
en je troosten
wil je kussen
en je geven
ik wil je alles
wil je altijd
wil je groter
in mijn leven
 
Ik wil roepen
naar de leegte
Ik wil zingen
naar de zon
ik wil duiken
in verlangen
Ik wil terug
naar wat begon
 
ik wil noemen
dat jij leefde
ik wil noemen
dat jij bent
dat hoe kort ook
in mijn leven
Iedereen jouw
leven kent
 


No comments:

Post a Comment