Friday, February 3, 2017

My terra aqua column

As we were watching our science we were going to make a terra aqua column.

I had to get:
  • 2 2 litre (empty)  bottles.
  • Drill, pocket knife/razor
  • 2 bottle caps
  • Wick
  • Soil
  • Water

With a razor or a pocket knife (both of those will work) Cut a bit below the shoulder on 1 bottle and on the other bottle a bit below the waist.
Then get the 2 bottle caps and drill a hole in the middle for the wick to go through
(DANGER  DO NOT USE YOUR POCKET KNIFE!! I told my mom to use my pocket knife to drill a hole in a bottle cap and my pocket knife closed on her finger because the closing lock didn't work properly


. She needed 2 stiches :( : : : : 

Put water in the large bottom of the bottle.
Stick a wick in the hole in the bottle cap and put the cap with the wick on either the large top or the small top of the bottle. I put it on the larger bottle so I could put a longer plant inside.
Then put the bottle with the cap and wick, upside down on the bottle that was cut below the waist. Stick some soil in the bottle with the wick and 1/4 of water into the other bottle.
Then put a seed or plant in it and wait for it to GROW :)

No comments:

Post a Comment