Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Slings and things

I have 2 wraps, or slings, or looooooooong pieces of fabric to carry your child in, what ever you want to call them.
One I gave to a friend to use, the other one is my most favorite sling ever. I love the colours, I love it's softness, I love to wrap my kids up in it and carry them around.

Last weekend I had McDonalds (I know, I know) and ordered a chicken teriyaki salad. (hey, did you read that right? SALAD!!) Never did it cross my mind that teriyaki is in fact SOY...
And yes, Yesper has a soy allergy along with a milk and egg allergy. Decisions, decisions, I decided to eat it and see what'd happen. Well,......
I saw what'd happen, I had a baby that screamed for 2 days and pooped his bum to bleeding :o(

Now that's where the wrap comes in, I could not for the life of me find it, not anywhere, not in the bedrooms, bathrooms, playroom, livingroom, cupboards (honestly, I even checked the ones in the kitchen, I mean, I do have 5 kids walking around after all :o) cars, garage, every where, for 2 whole days...

And I mean, I'm talking a PRETTY wrap, a wrap that's discontinued, a wrap that was not cheap, a wrap that I loved dearly.

Isn't he pretty??

At that point I was getting rather frustrated and worried. (yes, worried as well as frustrated)

I even asked the kids, and showed Nyls a picture of a mom using that exact same wrap. Now, he thougt he knew where it was.....

In my bedroom :o)

He walked out of the kitchen, came back into the kitchen and said, "Yes mom, I was right, it's in your bedroom, right next to your pillow, come and have a look".  So I did, now... if it wasn't so sad, it could've been funny to see what he found that was laying next to my pillow ;o)


He didn't quite get it, that son of mine, so I explained it to him again. I was NOT talking baby, I was talking that thing wrapped around that baby. But no, ofcourse he hadn't seen that one.

I phoned around, asked around, even posted a FB status about my missing wrap, (yes, that's how desperate I was) but no answer as to where he'd be "hanging" around. I had real life dreams about cute pillow cases and striped dresses......

Thinking back in time, on the 5th of December we visited a indoor playground (I'm not going into details about other peoples kids with carpetburn etc..) but all I remembered was Yesper sleeping on one of the couches there, I did not carry him around, for all I knew, I never took the wrap. But for some reason I just HAD to phone them and ask anyway. And............. you guessed it right :)

I must have walked in with the wrap (and walked out without, hahaha, really funny you are) and put it on the bench next to the till as I had to register ALL those kids I'd dragged along.
And then I forgot about the wrap :) As Yesper slept all morning, I never thought about the wrap anymore either,.... ofcourse.....

Ahwell, long story short, I'm happy, baby is happy, hubby is happy (as I stopped nagging about it ;) and the wrap isn't just laying under a counter anymore, but actually put back to use.

2 comments:

  1. All is well that ends well, aye? ;-) still, i can really imagine your distress!

    ReplyDelete