Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Popping pizza's

The boys (well most of them) prefer pizza pops over pizza.
Me however, doesn't too much as they are NOT cheap!!
 
The other day I was looking up some recipes online and found one which sounded yum and decided to try.

 
With some changes here and there, this is the recipe I've been doing,
and its turned out real good so far.
 
8 cups of flour
2 heaped teaspoons of salt
3 table spoons of yeast
5 tablespoons of oil
3.5 cups of warm water.
 
Add, in a mixing bowl, the flour, yeast and salt and mix together (I use a dough hook)
Add the oil and slowly add the water, mixing through well.
Leave the dough sit to rise for about 30-60 minutes.
 
Pull balls the size of a tennis ball, roll them out

 
Hard work that is, so we got some helpers out ;)

Once they are rolled flat, you add anything you like, really.
We did:
- pieces of garlic sausage with grated cheese and ketchup
- cut up bacon with grated cheese and ketchup
- cut up ham with BBQ sauce and grated chees
- pepperoni with grated cheese and ketchup
for myself I added some pepper, mushroom and small cut up onion.
 
 
 
The choice is yours :)
 
Make sure you fill the pizza over the middle, so you can fold it double.
Press the sides together, you can roll them over a bit and press them down again
for extra anti spill/leak coverage.
 


prik some holes in the top so the air can go out, this saves you from them actually *popping*.
 
Bake on 450 for about 13 minutes. Bigger ones may need a little longer.
 
And Bon Appetit I'd say.
 

 
 
 
 
 


3 comments: